Setting up Configurations
Getting VPN Service
Read Before You Post
Updating Tunnelblick Manually
Usually, it is best to use Tunnelblick's built-in updater, but you may need to update Tunnelblick manually if your copy of Tunnelblick:
- Has a faulty update mechanism; or
- Is a "Deployed" version; or
- Has been modified; or
- Is not installed in Applications; or
- Is a very old version.
To enhance security, recent versions of Tunnelblick are digitally signed and always installed into the system's "Applications" folder. Because recent versions are digitally signed, they cannot be modified or made into "Deployed" versions.
How you update manually depends on whether or not you have a "Deployed" version of Tunnelblick.
To find out if you have a "Deployed" version of Tunnelblick, please do the following:
- Find your Tunnelblick application.
- Control-click on the application, then select "Show Package Contents". A Finder window will appear with the contents of the application.
- Double-click on the "Contents" folder.
- Double-click on the "Resources" folder.
- Look for a folder named "Deploy".