Setting up Configurations
Getting VPN Service
Read Before You Post
Before You Post to the Tunnelblick Discussion Group
If you are a member of this group, your first post must be approved by a moderator before it will appear.
If you are not a member of this group, each of your posts must be approved by a moderator before it will appear.
Please be patient — we're all volunteers! (For more information about the moderation process, see this post.)
How and What to Post
If you are having a problem with Tunnelblick, please:
If possible, use the latest "beta" version of Tunnelblick, which has additional logging that can help show the cause of problems.
- Make sure you do not have manually set DNS server addresses in OS X System Preferences : Network (select the primary interface, click the "Advanced..." button, then the DNS tab; there should be no addresses on the left that are not dimmed).
- Open the "VPN Details" window.
- On the "Preferences" tab, please click the button to "Reset Disabled Warnings".
- On the "Configurations" tab, please select the configuration you want to connect in the list on the left.
- Make sure that "Set DNS/WINS" is set to "Set nameserver". This is the default setting and enables useful extra logging.
- Make sure that "VPN log level" is set to "OpenVPN level 3 - normal output". This is the default setting; higher levels are for debugging OpenVPN, which is almost never needed.
- Click the "Advanced" button on the right; a new window will appear.
- Make sure that "Check if the apparent public IP address changed after connecting" is checked.
- Close the "Advanced" window.
- Click on the "Log" tab.
- Click on the "Connect" button.
- Wait until the problem occurs. If the problem is that no connection is made, wait at least 70 seconds.
- If you can, click on the "Disconnect" button and wait until the disconnection is complete. If the disconnection is not complete within 20 seconds, continue anyway.
- Click on the "Copy Diagnostic Info to the Clipboard" button.
- Close Tunnelblick.
- Paste into an email or web form.
- Remove any sensitive information before sending the email or the form.